What are Charity Beers?
Beers that give back. Here at Burnside, we recognise there are a lot of good causes and charities out there, and it can be tough to choose. We support different causes throughout the year, and generally we like to support groups that have some connection to nature and/or an active lifestyle. During normal times, we often support small local causes through a free pop up bar, raffle prizes, etc. But right now, we are raising money simply by delivering quality beer to the public. See below for our two current charity flavours.
Summit Finish – Tropical Blonde – 4.2%
Named by the C2C cycling charity, Summit Finish is a lovely beer you’ll feel great about drinking. £1 from every bottle goes to support the Coast 2 Coast cycling charity’s nominated causes. This year, the 6 Scottish based charities are:
– Kiran’s trust – financial support and mentoring to young people
– Friends of Roxburghe house – palliative care in Aberdeen
– Befriend a Child – support local children who are growing up in the most difficult life circumstances
– Caithness Community Laurandary – care for the elderly, suffering with Dementia
– The Leanne Fund – helping families with Cystic Fibrosis across the Highlands, and Islands
– VSA – building a mental well-being facility in the heart of Aberdeen
Thirst Aid – West Coast IPA – 4.2%
Did you know that mountain rescue is run by volunteers? And that they are on call 24/7, 365? Mountain rescue helps walkers, mountain bikers, skiers, and anyone lost or injured in the hills. We love the beauty of the Scottish hills, and hope you do to. The pine and cedar hop profile of Thirst Aid is reflective of the mountains, and 50p from every bottle goes to Aberdeen Mountain Rescue Team (AMRT). Thirst Aid – to the rescue!